Available in 12 Keys (Listed low to high):
Dm, Ebm, Em, Fm, F#m, Gm, Abm, Am, Bbm, Bm, Cm, Dbm
- Playing For Change Edition Lee Oskar Harmonica | Melody Maker™:
The Lee Oskar Melody Maker™ Harmonica is the best harp for playing R&B, Reggae, Latin, Pop and Jazz Standards.
With its three altered notes, the Melody Maker™ is intended for playing Major scale melodies in 2nd Position (Cross Harp). In 1st Position (Straight Harp), you can play: Irish, Clave/Afro music. In 2nd Position (Cross Harp), you can play R&B, Country, Reggae, Pop, Jazz, Latin. (The Melody Maker™ is NOT recommended for Blues).
The Melody Maker™ harmonica makes it easier to play Standards and many other songs that can be difficult to play on a Major Diatonic while producing a very expressive sound. And, it is the best harp available for playing single-note melodies. Because Lee Oskar changed the reeds in a draw/inhale and blow/exhale, you can also play beautiful chords on this harp.
Model: 1910MM – Labeled in 2nd Position – Blue Label
Available in 9 Keys (Listed low to high): C, D, Eb, E, F, G, A, Bb, High C
- Playing For Change Edition Lee Oskar Harmonica | Harmonic Minor:
Use this Harmonic Minor Harmonica to play minor music in 1st Position, such as Eastern European, Asian, Yiddish, and Folk.
The Harmonic Minor has been used for a long time, as the traditional tuning for playing a wide array of international music. The Harmonic Minor tuning has a very soulful, Eastern European sound and was used for one entire side of Lee Oskar’s highly acclaimed first solo album. This harmonica is intended to play traditional ethnic music that is important to the heritage of many cultures, such as: Minor Eastern European, Gypsy, Yiddish, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Asian and European/American Folk music, as well as various selections of Jazz and Classic Show Tunes.
Model: 1910H – Labeled in 1st Position – Yellow Label
Available in 12 Keys (Listed low to high): Gm, Abm, Am, Bbm, Bm, Cm, Dbm, Dm, Ebm, Em, Fm, F#m
ABOUT LEE OSKAR: Danish-born Lee Oskar is a world-renowned harmonica virtuoso, composer, producer, visual artist, musical explorer and manufacturer of Lee Oskar Harmonicas. Oskar shares his signature music with loyal fans around the globe, featuring new arrangements, innovative compositions and well-loved hits. Have a look at the post in our blog, Harmonic Conversations with Lee Oskar.
AN IDEAL COMPANION ALONG YOUR MUSICAL JOURNEY
Harmonicas are perfect for making melodies and coming up with hook lines...and they're not just for Folk and Blues anymore. The Lee Oskar Harmonica System features altered tunings (in all keys), so you can include harmonica in many genres of music.
FEATURES & BENEFITS OF THE LEE OSKAR HARMONICA SYSTEM
- High tech, slide-together, interlocking boxes for carrying convenience and fast, easy indexing.
- Each tuning is color-coded
- Cover Plates engineered for excellent projection and tone. Corrosion-free.
- Plastic Comb eliminates swelling and shrinkage and protects a louder, brighter sound. Wide chambers and narrow dividers for ease of playing.
- Precision-molded, recessed bed holds Reed Plates securely and prevents air leakage.
- 1st and 2nd Positions clearly identified at the ends of the comb.
- Replaceable Reed Plates in all Keys: Top quality brass. Mounted to the comb with only 3 self-tapping screws.
- Turned to 441 Plus for a brighter sound.
Lee Oskar's incredible harmonicas are the result of over four decades of playing, performing and experimenting as a dedicated professional. Dramatic improvements in tone, design and dependability are the result of his insight into what harmonica players need and want from their instruments. This is why professional players and novices alike prefer Lee Oskar Harmonicas.